Light-emitting diodes — more commonly referred to as LED lights — are a popular choice for lighting solutions in homes, businesses, and outdoor lighting. When compared to conventional incandescent and fluorescent lighting methods, the benefits of LED lighting can’t be overlooked.
What follows are just some of the key advantages LED lighting offers over traditional lighting:
- They’re environmentally friendly. Because LED lighting uses electricity to generate light by electron stimulation, it doesn’t require the use of toxic substances such as mercury. This means LED lights are not only environmentally friendly during their lifespan, but they also don’t require specialized procedures when it’s time for their safe disposal.
- They’re cost-effective. By now, many people are aware that LED lights are more efficient. Did you also know that traditional incandescent bulbs that use an electrically charged filament to produce light actually give off 90 percent of their energy in the form of heat? According to ENERGY STAR® ratings, LED lights use approximately 75 percent less energy — and that means you’re only paying for light, not for a secondary heat source.
- They have fewer size limitations. Due to their compact size, LED lights can be used in a variety of small — tiny, even — spaces where other forms of lighting just wouldn’t fit. As a result, everything from computer and handheld equipment to medical devices and automotive assemblies can make use of LED lighting in their designs.
- They have an extended life. Not only do LED lights cost less to use, but they also last significantly longer than traditional lighting. According to ENERGY STAR® ratings, you can expect LED lights to have an operating lifespan that lasts approximately 25 times longer than traditional lighting with incandescent bulbs.
- They’re RF-free. Another important aspect of LED lights is that during their operation, they don’t emit a radio frequency, which means they won’t interfere with signals from radios, televisions and other communication devices.
LED Lighting PCB Assembly in York, PA
Now that you’re aware of some of the benefits of LED lighting, you’ll also want to know who you’re working with when it’s time to discuss LED lighting PCB design and assembly. LED lights can be temperature-sensitive, and printed circuit boards require an experienced manufacturer to design and assemble them. At EMSG, we’ve been working with LED lighting since its inception, so when you work with us, you benefit from our unparalleled experience — not to mention our top-notch equipment.
We have years of experience, along with a cutting-edge, 20,000-square-foot facility that features 4,000 square feet of engineering and office space ready to ensure your LED lighting PCB assembly process runs smoothly and cost-efficiently. To make us stand out even more in the York area and beyond, we have unique manufacturing capabilities. For example, two of our machines have the ability to populate a 48-inch continuous board.
We know how to serve your LED lighting needs because we constantly make it our business to stay abreast of the latest developments and requirements in electronic assembly. In addition, EMSG is ISO 9001:2015 certified, meaning our quality management system for the manufacture of electronic equipment, printed circuit boards and assemblies meets the stringent quality control requirements of the world’s largest issuer of standards. We’re also one of the few companies to be FDA-registered for the printing of circuit boards and assemblies for medical and health applications.
By 2027, the U.S. Department of Energy estimates LED lighting will save the American public in excess of $30 billion. When your electronic needs call for a versatile, economic and environmentally friendly lighting solution produced by a qualified leader in the industry, simply reach out to us online or call our York, PA offices at 717-814-3220. We’re happy to answer your questions and offer you the type of customer service that always puts your needs first.