Box Build Assembly Services
In today’s globalized economy, an increasing number of businesses are outsourcing some or all of their manufacturing to reliable third-party installers. If you already count on EMSG for PCB or other electronic assembly services, consider having us take over the box build stage, as well.
We are an ISO 9001-registered company with extensive experience performing mechanical assembly for clients in demanding industries. Best of all, we are conveniently located in York, PA, and complete all work in-house. As a result, we are the ideal partner for any organization based in Philadelphia, New York, Washington, D.C. and other East Coast metro areas.
What Is Box Build Assembly?
Box build assembly is another name for the mechanical systems integration phase of the manufacturing process. It involves all assembly work other than printed circuit board manufacturing. This includes sourcing and installing wiring harnesses and cables, designing and installing any sub-assembly components, and putting the whole package together in a customized enclosure.
Other steps in a box build may include software loading and system configuration, packaging and labeling, and more. The product may be subject to burn-in or functional and final testing as part of the quality control process. Following a box build, the completed unit may be drop shipped directly to the customer or sent back to the manufacturer for additional packaging or testing.
What Is Included in a Box Build Assembly?
A box build assembly includes multiple services related to the assembly and delivery of a project. The services provided as part of a box build assembly depend on the company's capabilities and the client's needs.
As a turnkey assembly solution, box build services cover the steps you need to complete between PCB assembly and product delivery. Your box build assembly partner will design their process around your specifications and develop a custom solution that allows you to meet your project goals.
Your electronic assembly partner may complete any of these tasks as part of a box build project:
- Product assembly
- Sub-level product assembly
- Order fulfillment
- System-level assembly
- After-market service
- Software installation
- Product configuration
How Is a Box Build Assembly Done?
Every box build assembly involves a unique process that depends on the client's specifications. To understand your project requirements, your assembly partner may request these documents:
- Bill of materials: Your project's bill of materials includes some of the most important information for the box build assembly process, including the project's components and materials.
- 3D CAD model: A 3D CAD model of your project provides your assembly partner with a visual overview of your desired results. Many companies also have CAD packages that allow them to use CAD drawings in the assembly process.
- Product dimensions: Your unit's size and weight influence your assembly partner's handling, storage and shipping procedures. This information helps them complete the box build assembly process more efficiently.
- Prototype unit: Sample units provide your partner with visual and physical information about your intended results. If you don't have a CAD drawing of your project, some companies can develop a design based on a prototype.
- Testing use cases: Consider providing your partner with testing use cases. Most companies can help develop use cases for your product testing. If you have electrical testing knowledge, you could also create your own use cases.
- Shipping information: By determining how to package and ship your product before building, you give your assembly partner important information. Your packaging and shipping information influences how the company will complete the other steps in the process.
Benefits of Box Build Assembly Services
Performing electromechanical assembly services in-house requires dedicated staff and equipment, as well as additional production space. Outsourcing the box build assembly of your product to EMSG is an excellent way of keeping overhead costs down while maintaining a high level of quality control. We are capable of turning around complex projects quickly, reducing your cycle times and bringing your product to market faster.
Working with EMSG will ultimately free up your internal resources to focus on product development, marketing and other strategic tasks. We strive to build meaning relationships with OEMs and suppliers through transparent communication. As a domestic box build assembly services facility based in York, PA, we can deliver all the benefits of outsourcing without the hassle and uncertainty of working with an overseas provider.
How to Choose the Right Box Build Assembly Services
Every assembly partner takes a different approach to the box build process. The right company for your project will have the experience, capabilities and certifications to meet and exceed your requirements.
When searching for box build assembly services, consider these factors:
- Industry-specific needs: Does the company meet critical standards in your industry such as FDA regulations?
- Turnaround time: How quickly can they deliver results, especially in quick-turn deliveries?
- Proximity: How closely does the facility operate to your company and your customers?
- Equipment: Does the facility have advanced equipment that can create accurate and efficient results?
- Ethical practices: If your business has ethical considerations, does your assembly partner operate in line with those ethics?
- Custom capabilities: What types of custom capabilities can the partner offer to your company?
- Communication: Does the company clearly and frequently communicate with you during the box build assembly process?
If you operate in the Mid-Atlantic, consider EMSG for your box build assembly services. We provide turnkey box builds for small to medium-batch projects.
Working With EMSG
At EMSG, we understand the importance of attention to detail for success in electronic manufacturing. From the start of each project to its final shipment, our team strives to raise the bar for quality and value in everything we do. As your box build assembly partner, we will ensure that we deliver the exact results you want. Our team has experience with quick-turn deliveries, specific drop shipments and other project delivery methods.
Each project begins with a detailed consultation in which we take the time to learn your business and tailor our services accordingly.
Our team specializes in all aspects of electromechanical assembly. If we are already meeting your printed circuit board assembly needs, consider trusting us with additional aspects of the production cycle. Our facility is equipped with state-of-the-art assembly and testing equipment and is FDA-registered to manufacture medical devices and other products.
We offer total turnkey procurement of metal and plastic enclosures, wire harnesses and custom overlays. Custom packaging can range from complex point of sale packaging to bulk packaging. We are committed to ethical sourcing and manufacturing practices, and have implemented policies to eliminate conflict minerals in our supply chain.
Contact EMSG to Learn More
Find out why we’re a leading provider of box build assembly services in PA by contacting our office at 717-764-0002 or request a consultation at your convenience.